Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014 Releases

Hi everyone! Natalia here, and I hope you've all had a wonderful 2013! I will probably do a post more on that later, but for now let's focus on.....
GOTY 2014 ISABELLE

If I have to be totally honest with you, I was quite surprised at how much I loved Saige and her collection, so I am quite sad to see her go. I plan on doing a Tribute Video to her sometime soon. But, like I said, it's time to focus on Isabelle (haha I was about to write Saige, I'm so used to her)


Isabelle! Even though she is ANOTHER blonde doll, I am actually quite fond of her. I really like her hazel eyes, and even though it is sort of Barbie like, I think the optional pink hair piece is really cool. Her meet outfit, well ehh. The pants look cheap and the shoes a bit tacky, but the shirt is quite cute. Nevertheless, I think the age group AG was going for will like it. 

So, I loved Saige's Accesories. They were cute, and useful for so many things. I use her earrings for Alyssa too, and the purse is too cute. Sure, the price was $28, but it's good quality. But $30 for this???? I like everything, especially the metro card and the pink little hand warmer thingies, but the jacket is just weird. It looks like a bikers jacket, which is totally not what Isabelle is like. I personally think AG should've made like, a cute white cardigan or something for her. 

Okay, so this is cute. But it only gives two outfits? I find that quite unreasonable since it's more than Saige's starter collection but contains less. And it doesn't even give her other books!!! 

This is probably my favourite Mix & Match outfit. Truth to be told, I think it's dumb that AG sells the pieces separately, and in 20 combinations. Why couldn't they just make a few outfits, and people buy them? Even if Isabelle does not join my doll family, I would like to get a few of her outfits for Hannah, who happens to love ballet.

*AG created 20 Mix & Match outfits for Isabelle, but I will show you guys the first 6 I found.

This is my second favorite MAM (Mix & Match) outfit. I love the sweater, and the skirt is pretty cute. I think it's cool that it also comes with a leotard you put underneath everything. The only thing I find strange is how there's a little bow on the leggings. Do you think you can take it off? Or it just some sort of style? If you know, please comment!

Eeeh. I like the pants, but the shirt just seems a bit strange. And awfully uncomfortable too! Nah, I don't really like it.

Okay, so here's what I don't like about the MAM set's. This is the exact outfit I showed you guys earlier, just with a purple sweater! But to be honest, I think I will buy this one, not the other one.

This is pretty cute. I like how everything in her collection ins't pink and screams BARBIE.  I like the creamy colours, and I think it would look great on Hannah.

Another MAM piece. Eeeeh, it's better than the one with the short little top. I do like how AG made some items with the little sequinse thingies. It's not every day that they do so. 
Okay, so honestly, I really like this. It is so much better than Saige's ballon. It is so much more worth the money, and is so cute. I don't like the price though. $275!!! And what's really weird is, that it's "Sold out" on the AG website... Already??? But yes, I like this much more than Saige's big piece. This is what people expect with the big pieces. Big, items that will be used much, and actually are worth the money.


After much thought, I realized that this is like Saige's horse. The bar and accessories are really cute, but just a bit pricy. I expect the bar to be made out of plastic, not metal, and $65 for that doesn't really make sense. What really confuses me is that fact that the little ballet case, is $44, but is only filled with hair accessories. I thought it would have, like an outfit, or something, but no. I think you might as well buy a doll hair accessories set for 20, that contains even more hair items.

Cute. Personally, I think the t-shirt sort of dress is sort of funky, and the dress itself with no sleeve on one side would look better, but whatever. The leggings are cute, and so are the shoes, and I love the belt. You could probably use it for many more outfits.

Nahh. I get it, it's a cat and not a dog, but it's so.. plain. It will probably please many little girls, but I think AG should've given Isabelle an exotic animal. A bird with a cage would be nice. Plus, is it just me, or is it weird that Marisol, the other dancer GOTY had a cat too?? ._.


Cute. I like them MUCH more than Saige's pjs. But why so much purple AG? *Sobs*
I think these would be sooooo cute in like, a mint green or something. The purple is getting a tad boring. Other wise, they're cute. 



That concludes the Isabelle releases. I'll tell you more at the end of this post. Now for MAG items.
Aaaaaah. AG what have you done????!!!! I am so sad I missed out on the other AG valentines day outfit, because it was so much prettier. It was something I would wear myself, and so would my dolls. This is just so, Barbie like. Ugh. Looks like my dolls will have to stick to red, white and pink clothing on the 14th.
AAAAH SAVE ME!!!! AG IS POLLUTING THE WORLD!!!! WHAT is THIS??? I do not mean to offend anyone in any way, but this is horrendous. So fake, and plastic, and gross. From the first look of it, it looks like something for Bitty Baby or Bitty Twin, but it's for My American Girls!!! Aaaaaah. Just, no. Blah.
Yay, it's shown on MAG 37. But, I don't LIKE it. I am SO angry AG got rid of the other underwear sets. This is too pink, for one, and it's so plain. The blue and white theme was so much cuter.

Looks like AG got rid of the Sports Tank they had before, which is a bummer, because I desperately wanted it for my older dolls. But instead, I'm stuck with pink Valentine's day underwear. Happy AG? Cuz I'm not. There would be a smile on my face only if it was blue and had a sports tank top thingy.
I love this one!
As you can see the old sets were much cuter.











Last but not least, I can't show you guys is the MAG new tennis set. You can go take a look at it here http://dolldiaries.com/sneak-peek-of-new-american-girl-items-for-winter-2014/
I am personally very mad at AG. It's ugly, cheap looking and so weird. The other one was 100% adorable and I'm so bummed out I missed it. I hate it when AG takes away outfits without giving warnings!





OVERALL......

I am super duper disappointed with AG's MAG releases. They're ugly, barbieish, and just gross. I really hope this isn't what AG becomes in a few years. The whole point of AG was to create girls that didn't think being skinny, blond, have blue eyes,  be covered in makeup every day, and drive pink convertibles everywhere was important. These things just change everything.

Taking a look at her collection, I must admit I like Isabelle very much. I like her story a bit more than Saige's, and I think she's unique in her own special way. Even though I don't like her as much as Saige, I think she's really pretty and will be sold fast. I can't WAIT to see her movie. I probably do not plan on getting her since something changed, which I didn't mention earlier. Even though the other dolls still are 110, Isabelle is 120!!! For just her and her accessories! The only way I would ever add her to my collection is if I won her in a Liberty Jane contest, which will probably not happen.
Judging the GOTY's by 10 points,
-10 being: Absolutely amazing, love her so much, she's perfect
-1 being: Ugh, she's ugly, her story is weird, her collection is disgusting, she's overpriced blah blah blah
I will compare her to Saige. I would give Saige a 9, about, since I absolutely adore her, and

Isabelle receives a.... 8

So, I hope you enjoyed this post, because I had fun writing it, and I hope you all have a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL... 2014!!!!!


Until next time fellow dolly lovers

4 comments:

  1. Oops sorry
    She is 120 just her and her book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Saige much better, but Isabelle is kind of cute. I like the hair piece, it's a nice change. I agree with you for pretty much everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Isabelle alot but I agree with you on almost everything you said

    ReplyDelete